WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE STOPPED BY IMMIGRATION OFFICERS (UKBA).
If the UK Border Agency or police stop you in the street and ask about
your immigration status:
- You DO NOT have to answer any questions.
- You DO NOT have to tell them your name or address.
- Tell them that you do not want to talk to them.
- Stay polite but confident.
- You can walk away. They are not allowed to stop you just because of your race.
They can only stop you if they have a good reason. If they stop you just because of how you look, or the language you speak, tell them: “This is racist”. “This is illegal”. “I will make a complaint”.
If you are detained, call Bail for Immigration Detainees (independent from us): 020 7247 3590
For more info see the full bustcard below.